XP- 61 is an advanced high emissivity, thin film, spray applied ceramic coating specifically formulated to provide external abrasion resistance and corrosion protection of both carbon and stainless steel boiler tubing while increasing thermal efficiency. The coating is a high solids system, which can be applied to a dry film thickness of four to 12 mils (100 to 300 microns) and has no volatile organic compound (VOC) content.
XP- 61 bonds well to properly prepared carbon steel or stainless steel substrates. Due to its organic composition, XP- 61 is very stable and will neither outgas, nor cause skin irritations like many other high temperature coatings.
Working properties of the coating exhibit an extended shelf life prior to exposure to air. Upon curing, XP- 61 becomes a durable ceramic coating that will provide protection to boiler and furnace tubing and other steel substrates to 1,600° F (871° C) and will withstand thermal cyclic conditions to 1,800° F (982° C).
XP- 61 may also be applied as a thermal spray sealer to prevent permeation in high temperature environments.
Order Products or Samples
- Reduces corrosion of pulp and paper recovery boiler (lower furnace) water wall tubes
- Prevents corrosion and erosion in coal fired utility boilers
- Prevents erosion of CFB water wall tubes
- Prevents erosion of economizer tubes
- Furnace refractory lining
- Boiler water wall tubes
- Superheater and reheater tubes
- High heat ducts and piping
- Boiler Roof (XP-61-S only)